Monday, February 27, 2017

9 weeks

This is what recovery/assessment week looks like. :o) That'd be 7 (maybe 8?) loads of laundry I folded and put away. It's terrible, but laundry is almost always what falls below the suck line.


So after 6 months of working with John and using the TriDot system, I had the 5k of my life and ran a 35-second PR. I believe when I started with John, my 5K was hovering somewhere just under 32. I never thought I'd see 30:anything, much less 26:36. To say I'm pleased is a HUGE understatement. I met up with John and three other TriDot athletes at Bakfish in Pearland to run their social run and dang. I'm glad I did. This did a lot for my confidence!


I also got some new shoes this week! Brooks Ghost 9 from runningwarehouse.com. Super fast shipping and a sweet discount with the Best Tri Club Ever. I ran 7 in them yesterday and they felt amazing. So glad to have a shoe that I like!! 


This week was also the Blue and Gold Banquet for Pack 678. This year's theme was The Great Outdoors. Daniel and I made this awesome tree stump cake which took 2nd place and tasted delicious! Ok... I lie. I licked the icing and almost gagged. WAY too sweet with three types of icing going on! But he was happy and we had a great event. 


Saturday was my bike TT and this pic and 26 mph winds is all I'm gonna say about that.


We finished off the week with baptisms and friends and a great swim party to follow. I love watching my kids in the water. They are such little fishies! I can't wait for swim team to start so that they can eat everything in sight and put themselves to bed at dusk. :o)



Relaxing pool side... may be the last time until April 23!!

Mileage
Swim - 2.3
Bike - 51
Run - 10

No comments:

Post a Comment