Sunday, February 27, 2011

Janis Joplin

I was inspired by Janis earlier to compose a song to sing to Jesus about my prayer for my baby girl to turn head down. It went a little something like this.

Oh, Lord. Won't you turn my baby girl head down?
I'm counting on you, Lord! Please get her head down!
Prove that you love me, and turn her around.
Oh, Lord. Won't you turn my baby girl head down?

When I was a junior in high school, my American history teacher (Mrs. Peeples) gave us a writing assignment. We were to write a paper on a person who had an influence - any influence - on American history. I chose Janis. My mom had a fit (she was worried that my teacher would think that I was a druggie, sexual deviant like Janis). Mrs. Peeples loved my paper (and the fact that I wrote about someone who wasn't a president or an astronaut). I love Janis. She's bizarre and she can't sing worth. . . well, she can't sing. But man. What a wacko.

So Lord? Please. Some head-down news from the doc in the morning would be more than swell. Thanks for listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment